Benefits of ADR
Benefits of ADR are high. It gives you the ability to speak for yourself, while saving you money in an informal environment. The arguments are private and nobody has to lose! ADR is meant to help solve problems, so compromises are common unlike litigation.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Mediation?
Mediation is a process in which a neutral third person, the mediator, encourages and facilitates the resolution of a dispute between two or more parties. It is an informal process which has the objective of helping the disputing parties reach an acceptable and voluntary agreement. In mediation, decision making and authority rests with the parties. The mediator acts as a facilitator, guiding the parties in identifying issues, engaging in problem-solving, and exploring settlement alternatives.
What is Arbitration?
When is ADR most likely to be useful?
• Communication between the parties has broken down;
• Multiple issues have to be resolved;
• The parties want or need to maintain some ongoing relationship;
• There is no need to establish precedent and there is no single "right" solution that is required;
• Time is a major factor;
• Failure to agree does not clearly benefit one or more parties;
• Issues are complex
How can parties get best results from ADR?
• Understand their own case and be prepared to communicate with neutrals and other participants
• Briefly assess their interests, wants, needs, and expectations
• Assess adversaries’ interests and expectations
• Speak up! Bring up the issues that you want to discuss.
• Work on one issue at a time.
Schedule a Mediation Today
Contact Aequitas today to learn more about the mediation process. Simply fill out our form or give us a call and we would be happy to answer questions and concerns that you may have. Thank you for choosing Aequitas to resolve your dispute, we are happy to assist you.
Locations Near You
Aequitas’ ten convenient locations help make resolving disputes easier. Check out Our Offices to see which is the closest and most convenient location for you.