Michael Kahn is a trial lawyer and nationally known and award-winning author with Capes Sokol who concentrates his practice in copyright, trademark, First Amendment and media law. A veteran of numerous jury and bench trials, Mike handles lawsuits and arbitrations in venues across the nation and has mediated a variety of intellectual property and related lawsuits. Since 2001 he has been named a Best Lawyer in America® for areas including Intellectual Property, Entertainment and First Amendment Law.
Prior to joining Capes Sokol, Mike was a principal of Kahn Gerber PC and a partner in the international law firm of Bryan Cave LLP. In addition to his active practice, Mike is an adjunct professor at Washington University School of Law, where he teaches an upper level course on Censorship and Free Expression. Kahn also serves on the Board of the St. Louis Public Library Foundation and is active in the Volunteer Lawyers and Accountants for the Arts.
• The Missouri Bar
• Illinois Bar Association
• Mystery Writers of America
• The Authors Guild
• The Copyright Society of the USA
• Harvard University, J.D., 1979
• Northwestern University, M.A., 1975
• Amherst College, B.A., 1974
• Missouri, 1985
• Illinois Bar, 1979
• Supreme Court of the United States, 1991
• U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Court
• U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
• U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
• U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
• U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
• U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
• U.S. District Court, Weastern District of Missouri
• Listed in The Best Lawyers in America in the categories of
Intellectual Property Litigation, Copyright Law, First Amendment Law, Entertainment Law, and Media Law.
• Named 2013 St. Louis Intellectual Property Litigation Lawyer of the year by Best Layers in America.